[vb_main_1]

Bernina Video - Binding with Pizazz

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernina Video - Binding with Pizazz

I first posted this in the Bernina Corner but didn't get an answer, just found another lady who was also puzzled! I love the Binding with Pizazz technique but Nina doesn't show how to make the final join and I don't have the skill needed to work this out for myself! any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Tina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot7Trk6J2Vw

Although I haven't tried this with the particular binding, some gurus on another forum think this method will work just find with the pizzaz binding.
    Please post a picture if you try it!

I know I'll keep this video as reference forever.

Comment

I don't think that method would work with the pizazz binding. You can't stitch all the way to the center of the binding because of the seam attaching the trim. I'd like to hear if someone has time to try it!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Wouldn't you apply and finish that binding the way Ricky does with his piped binding?

Comment

Ricky's method would work just fine with that edge treatment, but Nina shows making the standard mitered corners, so I don't know how she joins the ends. Ricky makes joins at all four corners with his piped bindings, and it's a beautiful treatment.

Comment

Does anyone know how to ask Nina about this? Also Ricky's method sounds very interesting, where can I find out more? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tinakennedy
              Does anyone know how to ask Nina about this? Also Ricky's method sounds very interesting, where can I find out more? Thank you.

It is on his DVD GRAND FINALE.... I am not sure when / what episode he shows the method of doing it on TQS.

LADY RAGS

Comment

Thank you, I will look into that.

Comment

Does anyone know how to ask Nina about this?
                  I have contacted ARJJ about it. We will see if Nina adds more info about the process the next time she does videos.

Comment

Good thinking, thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone...I just watched the Binding with Pizazz show again. At the very end Nina says "this technique was featured in a "Through the needle Magazine" the show was in 2008 (I think) so if anyone has all the magazines maybe they could check and find the answer. Hope this is helpful. Nan in cloudy Massena N.Y.

Comment

I could only find one edition of Through the Needle and it wasn't in that one. I looked.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 387 users online. 0 members and 387 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X