[vb_main_1]

Scallop border

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scallop border

I planed a scallop border on my just finished quilt top. It is yet to be quilted, and I have already started worrying about sewing on the perfect binding.
    Should it be double fold or single fold bias strips? Can anyone give me hints and suggestions? I can use your help. Thanks...

Definitely bias as that's the only method which will work smoothly around the scallops. Is this a bed quilt? If so, you'll want double fold strips because they'll wear better and the edge of the quilt will receive
    a good deal of wear. A wall hanging, on the other hand, could get by with single fold strips.

Comment

Don't worry, it really is no more difficult than a regular boarder. If your scallops are very deep ones you will just work into and then out of them. You should really have no problem if you are using the bias and you will love it when you are finished.
      Cindy

Comment

Check out this Sharon Schamber video:

http://www.sharonschambernetwork.com...d-Binding.aspx

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks for the link Margo...that was a really good tutorial.....Sharon Schambers does it again!

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

Thank you cbear and SuperJudy for saying it's not that hard just do it. And I will. And Margo, thanks for the link. It was a good one.

Living in the beautiful Carson Valley of Western Nevada

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
              Check out this Sharon Schamber video:

http://www.sharonschambernetwork.com...d-Binding.aspx
              Thanks for the refresher. It is always good to review a technique even if I have seen the video previously. Princess darts--haven't thought about those since I made my clothes!

Coast of South Carolina USA
              Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

I used the Sharon technique for the pink and purple baby quilt in my profile and worked perfectly. Just make sure you don't clip too much into the V. Good luck.

Comment

I want to say thank you to everyone who gave me hints and words of encouragement for a scallop border. I just finished my binding and you were right...it really wasn't that hard. I am so glad I took the time to do it. Thanks again to everyone. Because I mastered posting photo's while in the UGH club (thank you Bridget!), I think I will just put a pic of my quilt right here...

Comment

WOW! Barbara that looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Congratulations, and your quilt it absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Barbara I just love your quilt! It's beautiful!
                        Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Ahh...geez whiz guys! You all made me smile! Thank you for your kind words.
                          Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Barbara thats turned out beautifuly, I have always been a bit wary of doing this border but you have just made me give it a go so thanks for yours....he he he

Margo great video link.....have saved it to re look at when its my turn 8) 8)

Taree NSW - Australia
                            My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Jilly...try the scallop border. I know I'll do it again. And, thanks again for that link Margo!

Taree NSW - Australia
                              My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 55 users online. 0 members and 55 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X