[vb_main_1]

Choosing Freezer Paper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing Freezer Paper

I use a lot of freezer paper and mostly for paper piecing. I use the stuff made for the freezer :lol: on the big roll and preshrink it before cutting to size.

I'm teaching Paper Piecing Without Picking Paper :wink: at my guild in October and have thought of buying the packs of freezer paper cut to size at the quilt shops, via Amazon, or another online shop. I'd buy this mostly for the ease of use w/o having to cut a roll. I'll need about 8-10 pieces per student... up to 20 in the class so that is a lot of it!! I'm not making much money, making my own patterns for them to use either.

1. do you preshrink the purchased quilter's freezer paper?

2. is the quilter's freezer paper better for any reason besides already cut?

3. any bargain places for me to get a big quantity?

Advice welcomed!!
    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
    working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
    Tired. 
    Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
    Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

I have used the PRINTER STYLE FREEZER PAPER ( within the last 3 years) ... it is heavier than the Renynol (sp) Wrap paper that I have in the past cut to size. I use to cut my REnynol paper ( did this 5-6 years ago) and tape it to a card stock to lead it into the printer. That worked pretty good. I would not recommend using an off or store brand freezer paper they are too cheap / light weight and do not do a good job.

I have recently started using WASH AWAY STABLIZERS.... RICKY'S STABLE STUFF OR WASH AWAY APPILIQUE SHEETS BY C&T publishing / recommended by Beth Ferrier and Alex Anderson. I love it... I paper piece on it and then it will disappear when the quilt is washed for blocking or after the quilting. This is a more expensive method but so time saving. I am currently using these products in my NEW YORK BEAUTY PAPER PIECING CLASS.... I am loving it... My blocks are coming out great. ( I was going to say gorgeaous but I do not know how to spell gorgeous !)

http://nonniequiltingdreams.wordpress.com/
    I put a review on my blog about various stablizers earlier this month.

Lady Rags

Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
    Tired. 
    Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
    Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

I use the Reynold's freezer paper and have never had a problem with it feeding in the printer. I don't sew ON the paper so not sure the wash-out ones will work. Do those you mentioned fold or are they lighter like inexpensive embroidery stabilizers?
      Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
      Tired. 

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X