[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

What type of machine do you use?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my Vikings. I bought one new in 2000 and second hand one of a similar model in 2008, so that I'd have a back up. No problems and doesn't need cleaning very often because I try to keep it nice.

Comment

I have a Singer 319K(1959)-my absolute favorite girl, a Singer 320Freearm(1962)-both still running as new,also there is embroidery cams available that you can use with the levers in the machine giving a great variety of stitches. I have made many childrens quilts and soft furnishings on these machines.
      I bought a Bernina 185E in 2004 just for the 9mm embroidery stitches and I am happy with it.I have yet to try the embroidery module!.
      I mainly use her for utility work and ocasional dressmaking.My heirloom work is handpieced ,embroidered and quilted.
      I can also recommend the Singer 431G and the 401,if anybody comes across the 411...lucky girl as it has chain stitch.I have several other Singer models and they all work very well for patchwork and quilting.These mechanical Singer models are still available on eBay at a reasonable price.Kind regards to all ,Milena

Comment

I bought a 2nd hand Bernina Artista 185E. I love sewing with it and how flexible it is. It can do almost anything that I think up. With the purchase of the sewing machine I also received the embroidery unit. I have learned a lot about machine embroidery from the Bernina website. It's great in offering many projects for learning new sewing and machine embroidery skills.

Comment

I had to splurge for the Bernina 830. Absolutely love it! It costs quite a bit but if you have to have the best, look no further....

Comment

I have a Baby Lock Aspire.... I love it !! It sews like a dream.

Comment

I have several machines, 3 Pfaffs, 1 featherweight, a Singer treadle, and a Babylock Ellisimo, plus an Elna serger. I need to get out the featherweight and do some sewing on it. The treadle is in storage until our house is built. I learned to sew on the treadle. One Pfaff is in my closet, bought it in 1975 and it has the built in walking foot - IDF. Another Pfaff - a 1473 - is at work in our lunch room so I can sew at lunch and the last Pfaff - a 7570 - is in my Wranger as it is my go to class machine. The Ellisimo stays home. It is just to darn heavy to move but I really like it. The only thing I miss is my built in walking foot. Can you tell I am a pack rat and don't like getting rid of things?

Comment

I have 2 Janome machines, the 6600 and a Jem. The 6600 is a greate sewing machine, and it does FMQ just greate. What I also love is that he feets for the 6600 fits the Jem perfectly) The little Jem is with me to club nights and even if I am out travelling:O

When buying a new machine you need to try them out What I love may not be your first choise. There is a lot of wonderful brands out there so go testdrive)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 384 users online. 0 members and 384 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X