[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Working with large quilts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next hand-quilting project to go under the needle is a mammoth-sized wedding quilt for my son and daughter-in-law that measures 101 square inches. Layering that behemoth had me concerned as there aren't too many church halls, quilt shops, family rooms, etc. able to accommodate the time and space and manpower that layering such a beast requires. When I mentioned this dilemma to my husband, he generously offered to wash the garage and layer it with me, however long it takes. Now, isn't he special?

Mary in Southeast TN

Comment

What a sweetie your husband is!! If he changes his mind, you might want to contact a long-arm quilter and have them baste it for you!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Hadn't thought of a long-arm quilter as a quilt layering/basting option, a great idea indeed. Knowing my husband, though, he'll follow through on his suggestion as the can-do spirit lives strong within him. I'll be sure to share when it happens, and take pictures, too. I daresay that not many quilts are layered on garage floors scrubbed clean by helpful husbands.

Mary in TN

Comment

Mary, where is SE Tennessee are you???

Comment

Ooltewah! We met at Lavender Lime a few weeks ago when I brought in my recently-completed Christmas BAQ-style quilt.

You are so right about this lovely forum on TQS. All things TQS are very nice, though I'm not too involved in posting pictures, comments, or even a decent profile picture. I really, really enjoy the weekly puzzle.

I recently let all my quilt magazines expire so a TQS Star membership may be in my future, though I just spent this year's savings on a Civil War Bride pattern this week. I have no business starting yet another quilt, but this one excites me in that very special way only another quilter would understand.

Mary

Comment

Hi Mary! I thought that might be you!! I definitely remember your beautiful Christmas Baltimore quilt, and your delightful husband! Maybe you can post a picture of it on your profile for others to enjoy!

I am also working on a Civil War Bride's quilt! If you are not aware of the on-line groups working on the CWB quilt, send me a PM and I'll send you the links!

I do hope you decide to join TQS as a Star Member....there is so much information available that it's well worth the money!! Hope to see you again!

Hugs,
              Margo

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X