No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Which Home Machine is best for free motion quilting?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Viking Husqvarna Quilt Designer II is AWFUL for free-motion quilting. I think it has to do with the computerized foot, as opposed to a foot that is spring loaded. My suggestion would be to look for a spring-loaded foot or avoid this machine.
    Back to Quilting!

Comment

I have my mother in law's Janome Emerald which I hate!!! She bought it when her old Pfaff died and she doesn't like it either, so I gave her my mom's old pfaff, same model, to use. I normally use my Brother Innovis 4000D and it's pretty good for free motion but it does have some quirks. Well, today it is quirking it's little heart out so I gave up in frustration and tried to freemotion on the Janome. I almost threw it out the window. So I came upstairs to sulk. I want to be quilting! Next time I buy a machine, I will definitely test out the freemotion capabilities before buying anything.
      Back to Quilting!

Comment

I have an Elna Quilter's Dream that I love. I actually quilt on a big HQ 16 sit down model. Honestly, If I'd bought the Elna first I probably never would have bought the HQ. It has extra large throat space that would have done me nicely and it free-motions like a dream. I use it when I don't want to change the thread on the HQ, for instance for one area with a different tread.

Comment

I have the Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 which I love. One of the best features is the IDT (integrated dual feed) which can be used for nearly everything to feed the fabric evenly not just when doing quilting.

Comment

GaelP...I also have the Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 but I have had nothing but trouble when it comes to FMQ... When it had it's yearly service I asked for the take up lever to be replaced (I'd read reports on the net that this was a "problem" area that needed fixing)...I was most annoyed though because I was told I'd have to pay for it. As far as I'm concerned Pfaff made the error in the design of the machine...they should really have recalled these machines and fixed them. I've read more negative comments on this machine than positive. I tried to contact Pfaff but got no response. I'm not impressed at all with their poor service. It's really a hit or miss when I go to FMQ... I was able to FMQ quite well on my Husqvarna Lily but I wanted the wider harp which is why I went for the Pfaff QE. Alas, I would never buy a Pfaff again... they're not the machine they used to be

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 183 users online. 0 members and 183 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X