[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Best Irons

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it has auto shut-off, but there is a button to push if you don't want auto shut-off. That was another plus for me, as the auto shut-off drives me nuts!
    Back to Quilting!

Comment

That's great. I hate auto-shutoff as well and have been looking for something with that type of switch.

Comment

I have a Dry Iron from Vermont Country Store. I love it, but I noticed last week, that when turned to the lowest setting, it was still warm & I hadn't used it in a few days. Yikes. Now I make sure I unplug it!

Comment

I, too, have a dry iron from VCS which I love...thanks so much Sue, for the heads up about the need to be sure it is unplugged when not in use; I try to do that as a routine, but that will certainly reinforce my need to do it! Nancy

Comment

All small appliances should be unplugged when not in use! Including hair dryers, curling/flat irons, kettles etc. Just because it looks like it is off, doesn't mean it actually is. In the instructions for these, it usually says to unplug them because there is a risk of fire if you do not!

Comment

I hate that shut-off feature, but have to say that I'm glad I have it. During a family crisis while piecing a quilt as a distraction, I could not remember to unplug my iron. On day one, I forgot it three different times. Days two through four, I left it on the entire time. I shudder to think what might have happened if not for the shut-off feature. Much as I hate it, I think I need it.

Comment

I have my iron plugged into one of those electrical strips along with a small lamp. I turn the iron on and off with the switch on the strip, so if the lamp is on, the iron is on.
                Back to Quilting!

Comment

How clever! Such smart people on this forum. Thanks for sharing.
                  Back to Quilting!

Comment

cool. I like the lamp/electric strip idea. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by janetstone
                      I have my iron plugged into one of those electrical strips along with a small lamp. I turn the iron on and off with the switch on the strip, so if the lamp is on, the iron is on.
                      I do something similar. I have little neon dophin light pulled into my power strip where the iron is plugged.

Coast of South Carolina USA
                      Sewing/Quilting on my Viking Sapphire 870

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 76 users online. 0 members and 76 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X