[vb_main_1]

hot air balloon quilt pattern needed please if possible

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

hot air balloon quilt pattern needed please if possible

Anyone have a Hot Air Balloon Quilt Pattern idea out there.
    My friend loves hot air balloons and I would love to surprise her by making one for her birthday.
    Elizabeth Mills

I'm looking for a Happy Birthday Quilt Pattern....an easy one!
    Thanks.

Comment

You guys just gotta learn to google! Search "quilt" plus what you're looking for. Go ahead and try it.

Comment

Originally posted by PCummings
        I'm looking for a Happy Birthday Quilt Pattern....an easy one!
        Thanks.
        There's a really cute one in Eleanor Burns' "Ice Cream Cone Quilt" book. Also, there's one in Mary Lou Weidman's "Quilted Memories Celebrations of Life". Both are fairly easy.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I ordered the book from Amazon..used for ONE PENNY!!! (plus shipping)

Comment

Originally posted by PCummings
            Thanks for the info. I ordered the book from Amazon..used for ONE PENNY!!! (plus shipping)
            You lucky duck! I sure hope that you like the pattern.

I had another thought today as I was browsing through my greeting card collection--I think that I have save almost every card I've ever received as an adult. Anyway, some of the artwork on them is great inspiration for a quilt design. If you don't have any saved birthday cards, you could just peruse those in a card shop.

Be sure to let us know when your quilt is completed, I'd love to see the photos. By the way, I have a photo of my Ice Cream Cone quilt on my profile.

Comment

Nancy, I love your ice cream cone quilt! And I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who saves cards for inspiration!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

[quote="Margo"]Nancy, I love your ice cream cone quilt! And I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who saves cards for inspiration!! [/quote

Thanks, Margo. Actually, I save the cards because I'm just too sentimental to throw them out. In recent years, with e-cards and higher postage, fewer people send cards by mail. That makes each one I receive even more precious to me.

Comment

Elizabeth - I think I have a pattern for one - it's applique and has animals with it I think. I believe it was designed for a baby quilt, but you could adapt it. I've recently moved, but I'll go digging for it, if you haven't found any other leads.

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by liznliv
                    Anyone have a Hot Air Balloon Quilt Pattern idea out there.
                    My friend loves hot air balloons and I would love to surprise her by making one for her birthday.
                    Elizabeth Mills
                    I found a free applique hot air balloon pattern at this link http://www.freeapplique.com/miscpatterns.html It's so simple that I think you could probably draw your own.

Usually when I want something, I find it with just a quick search of the internet. I really prefer using BING when I'm searching for images.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 79 users online. 0 members and 79 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X