Two questions: 1) who is the nice man who intros the show?, 2) 'domestic'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions: 1) who is the nice man who intros the show?, 2) 'domestic'

Hello Alex and Ricky -
    I'm SO happy that I found you! I have books authored by both of you, but stumbling upon TQS has been a life-changer, especially since I just bought a long-arm in October.

My first question is that to newbies like me, I constantly wonder who the man is who introduces the show? I assume he is one of the 'J's' in ARJJ. It would be nice for us to have him introduce himself!

Second: I'm confused how the term 'domestic' machine is applied. My Pfaff, from a German company, is considered domestic, while my Baby-Lock Coronet long arm, made in Missouri, is considered...'not domestic?'
    I guess that 'domestic' must sort of mean a sewing machine that the most people have to use in their homes?

Thank you for all of the wonderful content! I enjoy every show. I'm piecing more accurately thanks to Sally Collins, am gaining skill in my long-arm quilting, and BEST of ALL - I've learned from Ricky's Grand Finale how to bind more quickly. Sometimes my hands just don't allow for hand stitching due to arthritic thumbs.

Keep safe and be well!
    Debbie (Palomino Girl) Curtis

Debbie, Justin (Ricky's partner) is the person that introduces the shows. He does a lot of behind the scenes work, much like
    Alex's husband, John Anderson

Domestic refers to a normal sewing machine. It can be any of the manufacturers. Just the size that you use for normal sewing.
    As opposed to a mid-arm or long arm sewing machine.

I agree. My 10 years of watching shows has made me the quilter am I today.
    HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 79 users online. 0 members and 79 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X