[vb_main_1]

quilting pattern

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

quilting pattern

Hi, newbie here. I have been watching the Sequoia quilt videos on Alex's channel, and I thought I would like to order it for up the track once I have developed some skills.Well I saw that it cost $12. Fine. Then looked at ordering it, and it was $40 postage. I live in Australia. At a time when many quilt shops are not holding classes, I am dependant on online ideas, instruction and inspiration. What I would like to know is if you have a download pattern available for the Sequoia quilt? If not why? Even if I was happy to pay $40 postage on a $12 pattern, it takes many weeks to receive packages from the US. I hope someone looks at making patterns available for download. I order knitting patterns from a website from the UK.They have downloadable options most of the time. It would certainly make life easier in the times we are living in

Hello Aussiegran

as far as I can see, the 12$ version of the Alex Anderson Sequoia Sampler REMIX Quilt Pattern is a PDF download.
    The printed version is more expensive:
    https://store.thequiltshow.com/category-s/344.htm

if this is not the pattern you mean - then maybe you can find it under the designer's own website for download.

many quilt patterns are available for download - some to purchase - some free of charge. some patterns are available as print only (generally oder patterns that were not made for home printout - or patterns that are difficult / too complex for printing on smaller pages and then assembling / or whatnot. If a quiltshop has purchased a number of a designers' quilt patterns to resell - and if later this comes available as a download - they might not want to add the download version to their shop as they need to sell the print version - you would then find the download version via the designers own website. if designers spend a lot of money to have their pattern printed - adapting same for download can be too expensive to add.

Often if you buy a kit - the pattern will be included - yes - for those of us who live overseas this becomes very expensive - if i really really really love the kit/pattern I'll bite the bullet,pay the shipping and wait (and then pay the import tax with all additional fees when it gets to me - yes this will generally be on top of the shipping cost as every country has their own fees and taxes and this is very very difficult if not impossible for shippers to calculate & pay ahead of time).

generally i'll try to find an alternative where the pattern is downloadable - of course as I hate following instructions I generally use a pattern as a general guide or to help me with the patterns / numbers then veer off and adapt it to do something different anyway. everyone has their own way.

have fun and don't stop asking questions.
    lotti

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 139 users online. 0 members and 139 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X