[vb_main_1]

Bernina 1130 powers on, but no action

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bernina 1130 powers on, but no action

I haven't used the sewing machine in about 6 months. It powers up as I expect it to, but when I press on the foot pedal, not a thing. Any suggestions what I may be missing or where to begin with trouble shooting would be appreciated.

The last time I used the machine it worked like a champ.

I feel like I am missing something silly like the thread is left handed and it's a right handed machine. LoL

Comment

Unplug everything - plug back in making sure all the connections are correct. all power connections from the machine to the wall plug as well as the foot pedal. Often things get jiggled.

Comment

Thanks Lotti

Yep, I unplugged everything, viewed all connectors for any obstructions or corrosion and all looks spotless. Thinking It's either the foot pedal or some kind of logic in the machine... =\

Comment

One of my foot pedals has issues as well - probably a faulty connection - it sometimes won’t budge - when I jiggle everything it starts again - been wanting to get a new foot pedal for ages - apparently it hasn’t bothered me enough yet. (And I have the one from my other machine that I could use if the jiggle would not work). :unsure:

Comment

My Bernina 240 does the same thing if I don't use it for awhile. Plug the machine in and check all the previous mentioned connects. Then turn the mcahine on and leave it for 8 to 24 hours. Check to see if it will work.
            A friend told me some Berninas' have a capacitor that holds a charge? I have no clue what that is, but this worked and has saved me lots of aggravation knowing it is an easy and inexpensive 'fix'. I hope this helps.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 144 users online. 0 members and 144 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X