[vb_main_1]

Proper foot use

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper foot use

I have a question. I am a relatively new owner of a bernina 790. I just wanted to know whether or not to use the walking foot or just the dual feed feature of the machine? I saw the video about the bernina and the two ladies went on and used the foot even though they used a 800 series machine. I went to the bernina shop and I was told that I don't need a walking foot. I should just use the dual feed feature. What do you'll think?

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

I have a Bernina 830, and my dealer gave me the opposite advice as your dealer gave you.
    I find that the dual feed feature is convenient for some applications, but the Bernina walking foot is fantastic, especially for quilting. It works beautifully.
    I also like the different feet that come with the Bernina walking foot. I use the stitch-in-the-ditch foot on my Bernina walking foot a lot.

I have two other brands of sewing machines that have walking feet. The Bernina walking foot is by far the best.

Comment

I also have a Bernina 830 (new version), the built in dual feed is great for general sewing and piecing, in my option you don't have to use as many pins when you are sewing single layers. The walking foot is for when you are sewing multiple of bulky layers, (like a quilt sandwhich), the walking foot is excellent for keeping all layers together.

Comment

My friend read a lot about Bernina on https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/hamlet/ and they said that there are a lot of reviews. I hope you'll find answers there

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X