Name:	bird house 2021 2.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	880.5 KB
ID:	882925

Comment

• Dadams
      Dadams commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how you added 2 wings to make the birds fly. I will follow your example. Thank you.

Comment

My birdhouse wall hanging is done I did my appliqué with hand blanket stitch. Thank you Alex for the fun project.

Comment

I enjoyed making this wall hanging and it is now ready to be quilted. Thanks to Patrick Lose for his fence design and chubby birds, in his latest Celebrations in Quilting magazine. I will be adding a few more details to the birds after I quilt, like eyes. Thank You Alex for another great project.

Comment

Finished my bird house quilt! The flowers are free standing machine embroidery added after the quilt was machine quilted and binding finished.
          Attached Files

Comment

This reply by Kmurphy has been deleted by Kmurphy

I just remembered I never posted a picture of my birdhouse wall hanging. Another fun and creative piece to enjoy for years to come. Thank you Alex for the inspiration.

Comment

I quilted before applique using green variegated thread for tree branches for the upper part and shrubs and grass for the lower part. My flowers are faced to avoid shadowing and so that the tips are not attached to the background. For the narcissus I inverted the petals and gathered the circles half way to the center to make the trumpets. That gold fabric is a hand-dyed silk noile from a friend who died last year. The trailer house is "suspended" from a crocheted chain of metallic cord. The open areas have beaded dragonflies.

Comment

Have not quilted this yet. I decided to go with raw edge. Made this smaller then the pattern. It measures at 20x25.

Comment

A few days ago I posted my finished quilt, but it did not show on de forum so I try again.
                  Star member from the first day.
                  Lots of love from Belgium.
                  Duffy

Comment

Just about finished, just the border to quilt. I really enjoyed practicing my free motion quilting. Thanks Alex for teaching us so much about appliqué.

Comment

I finished! and have hung it in my sewing room. Makes me smile when I look at it. Tried all the appliqué techniques, like the freezer paper one the best. Used some of the quilting techniques I learned from your latest MasterClass. Added a few wooden embellishments for fun. Thanks Alex for the class.

Comment

Originally posted by christy View Post
                        I enjoyed making this wall hanging and it is now ready to be quilted. Thanks to Patrick Lose for his fence design and chubby birds, in his latest Celebrations in Quilting magazine. I will be adding a few more details to the birds after I quilt, like eyes. Thank You Alex for another great project.
                        Great Job!!! Love the little barn block on the bird house. HelenW

Comment

The quilting and binding are done. My wallhanging is finished and I love how it came out. I used a Patrick Lose fabric for the backing that I have had for years and this was the perfect project for it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 49 users online. 0 members and 49 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X