Birdhouse quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birdhouse quilt

Comment

It is so fun to see this website come together day by day. Thank you, Alex, for all your suggestions. It's amazing to see all the possibilities out there that we may not have in our "tool chest." And your sense of humor kills me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grampal View Post
        It is so fun to see this website come together day by day. Thank you, Alex, for all your suggestions. It's amazing to see all the possibilities out there that we may not have in our "tool chest." And your sense of humor kills me.
        Marg D Your birdhouse quilt has got to be my favorite. So many cute little things to look at. Love the way you did the sun and color
        palette is just perfect. If I made one, I would want it to be a lot like yours. HelenW

Comment

I had a very hard time with this quilt's background when we started this project. I cut all my strips the wrong way and it would hang in a strange and slanted way (the bias wouldn't let it hang properly). So I started over. I was way behind but because of my two grandkids, and their wonderment about the critters that are in their backyard, I took a different path with this project. I decided to add all the "animals" that they have become interested in: bees, butterflies, caterpillars, bunny rabbits, and birds. So this is the quilt that I ended up making for my Lorenzo (2 years old) and Addie (4 years old) for their playroom. I really had lots of fun making it and did a lot of thread painting. I did learn new skills too thanks to Alex. I focused on just some of the techniques that she taught us. Tomorrow Lorenzo and Addie will get their "Backyard Critters" quilt.

Comment

• PaolaRB
            PaolaRB commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Vireya! Lorenzo is learning to speak just now as he is learning 3 languages so this should help with his language development with animals that he likes.

• Kareness
            Kareness commented
            Editing a comment
            Your quilt is wonderful - Love your layout and quilting and all the critters.

• MissingOxygen
            MissingOxygen commented
            Editing a comment
            I really like the smaller flowers and all the animals! Well done!

Finished!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X