[vb_main_1]

Birdhouse Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birdhouse Quilt

Loving this cute quilt. Had to shrink mine to about half the size so it would fit where I needed it. I strip piece quilted my background.

I am just now starting the birdhouse quilt project and used precut 2.5" strips of batik from supply on hand. When I sewed them together, the lines are wavy (looks like a smile) at one end so the end result is totally not square (see attached photo or maybe it will be in this message??). I am willing to unsew but unsure what I did wrong. Help...anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by "katham" post=154376
      I am just now starting the birdhouse quilt project and used precut 2.5" strips of batik from supply on hand. When I sewed them together, the lines are wavy (looks like a smile) at one end so the end result is totally not square (see attached photo or maybe it will be in this message??). I am willing to unsew but unsure what I did wrong. Help...anyone??

This waviness often happens when sewing strips together. I've heard several possible culprits: pulling on the fabric when feeding it into the machine so it stretches, imperfect machine tension, and others. What people often do to fix or reduce this problem is to sew each neighboring seam in the opposite direction. So if the first seam in your finished piece was sewed left to right, its neighbor would be sewn right to left, and so on. That way the neighboring seams bow in opposite directions, evening out the bowing.

Comment

what size is your background? Length (vertical) and High . I want to cut mine down and to make sure pinwheels are right.Thank you in advance

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 46 users online. 0 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X