Faces

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faces

Blueberry1 and jbonven1
    You are now in the class picture for the 2020 Graduating Class Faces 101. HelenW

Here is a new topic for Alex's FACES class. This is the only place to post comments and photos of your FACES project. Please do not "start a new topic".

This FACE is one of Freddy Moran's Faces that is still available for purchase. See the Store here:

https://store.thequiltshow.com/art-quilts-s/588.htm

Barbara Black

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Where can I find the PDF sheets that Alex shared for the Faces?
      Thanks so much for keeping us sane through all of this crazy year.
      Suzanne

Comment

My guess is the PDFs will be available tomorrow. She said she didn't want anyone working ahead, before her class Friday November 6.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        North Alabama, USA
        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Just sharing a quilt that I made with my Kindred quilting group in Ottawa, Canada a few years ago inspired by a quilt we saw at a textile museum show in Mississippi Mills, Ont. several OS us wanted to create our portrait which we did. I’m the one in the top right corner. I look forward to making another portrait. It’s a very creative fun experience.
          [attachment:1]9302B1E4-236F-40A6-B0ED-B70FAFB9FE21.jpeg[/

Comment

Can someone help me? Alex mentioned on her faces show she’s going to post some info to get face shapes. Has she done it?

Comment

Go to the top of this page and click on "learn", then in the drop box, click on "projects". You will see "Faces". Click on "View this Project", scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the download pdf. There you have it!

Comment

Thanks so much for the step by step instructions. Found them and got them downloaded with no trouble.

Comment

Thanks you so much for getting me out of the box! I thought I was going to use black and white for background....nope I told myself try different so here I go with oranges.

I hope the picture shows up

Comment

Here's my background. Since I am a retired clergy, the colors of the church year are still important to me. (Question- When I downloaded my photo, it was turned 90 degrees counterclockwise. What can I do to prevent the turn?)

Comment

You said that you would give us the PDF for facial features ( noses, eyes, mouths, etc) but I didn't see where to go for the PDF. Can you put that poout?

Comment

Yesterday Alex gave a demo on finding the PDFs. Also, if you scroll down this page to a post by NanaPie it gives clear instructions (that's how I found them).
                        Hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you so much. It works.

Comment

pribil... I like the symbolism in your background.
                            Barbara1259...good for you for stepping outside your box. I like your orange background.

I have a very very small (aka almost non-existent) stash which I am trying to build before I retire but don't know where to even start! I am not sure what I will do for the background but I have some Kaffe and solid scraps left from another project so I think I will see what I can do with those.

Comment

I started with purple, then went to green, pulled brights and then somehow came across these previously unloved darks. They spoke to me when I saw how they made the other color POP!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 61 users online. 0 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X