IMQE - Let's share the fun

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMQE - Let's share the fun

Originally posted by "Lorchen" post=141104
    Joyce, if I understand it, it's also important to keep details secret from your partner. That may be quite difficult, needing a lot of 'self-control' when you get on really well. I keep wanting to tell Shelley (waving from England to New Mexico.....) a lot more than I should. We are both 'Miniature Virgins'. That may be a good thing, because some of the 'Quilt Divas' can be a little bit intimidating.
    Oh yes, we are fully aware of the secretness of this. Which is why I've not even shared on here what we've talked about as far as collaborating. What we share is just chat about working together and not specific plans for our quilts. Plus our personal lives, etc.
    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
    working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
    Tired. 
    Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
    Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

This seemed an appropriate place to start our thread. Can admin move it if we get an area in scap bag for IMQE please.

It's a massive exchange who would want to be Wendy Grande :lol: sending you some paracetamol or would you prefer something stronger

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Clicked and subscribed...
      thank you B) B) B)

Comment

See there's a whole new section now so we can post there. Though it does seem to have a few gremlins :lol:

Comment

I'm in here! I guess a good night to not sleep well b/c of husband's stuffy head -- I found this. Usually there just isn't enough time in my day for playing on the forums anymore.

My exchange partner and I started emailing with each other within hours of getting Wendy's email that we were linked. It has really been a divine appointment and one I'll cherish a long time! We at first chatted to get to know each other and talked about exchange ideas. Now we mostly chat. There is a lot of time to work on the exchange.

I'm stuck in many facets of life... being an active farm wife. FIL has always helped us even after we had bought him out because I guess you just can't take that out of the farmer. Now we try to limit his work which is another whole battle in itself (for the good of our crops, safety of our equipment, and FIL's safety which he seems to have thrown out the window. Of course, he doesn't realize he can't do what he used to do. This is to be our busy time of planting but the weather hasn't coordinated with our efforts. It had started to dry enough the last 2 days it was looking possible to be able to run with the planter on Monday. I just heard it raining again a bit ago. So hard when this is prime planting time and we are looking at not getting crops in for the year.

I also have a very active long-arm business. I'm hoping to have 2 coordinating twin-size quilts completed, start-to-finish jobs for a non-quilter, by the following Monday & Tuesday night guild meetings. They will be good show & tell and help people to see my work. Tho advertising has never been needed - 2 of the 3 groups I'm in haven't seen much of my work. Mostly just when I get something of my own finished that I could show, it needs sent for the new baby or such before I can share it. I hope I can get in a lot of work time this coming week. (I don't normally show customer pieces. These are for a friend in a barter-situation and she'll be thrilled I take them to show at the guilds.)

With helping my husband more and needing to help with his parents more and quilting more, there isn't much time to just make the things I want to make. I hope I get time in June to take quilting work vacation and spend time creating for the good of my own creative mind. My husband prefers me to be be quilting for money. :blink:

I'd love to make miniatures for the IQF category and was so excited I learned about the international exchange on day 1. My first dip into quilting was 30 years ago making miniatures without the new thoughts of today of strip piecing or paper piecing. I enjoy seeing the miniature category at Houston and always wish I'd get the chance to make one. Now I'll be making one for a new and dear friend. This will be better having the hopes of being in the TQS special exhibit there. As much as I love seeing the regular "World of Beauty" show each year, I enjoy the special exhibits each year.

My partner and I are so excited to be meeting in real life (IRL) in August at the Grand Rapids AQS show. I've not been to that one but hear better things about that one than the Des Moines one that I've attended for 7 years. I'm sort of getting worn of that one. It will be good to see a new area show and see it with time with my new girlfriend as well. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We have basic plans for our miniatures planned.

Do all of you plan to share what you're doing here on the forums? I feel more of keeping our team work a secret. The short time I've gotten to know my exchange partner, I know I'll be blessed by her and her working out a message from God to me in the quilting. She is such a joy!
          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
          working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
          Tired. 
          Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
          Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Wow Joyce you live such a busy life but I've loved hearing about it and praying for the rain to stay off until you are planted then I guess we'll be praying for rain.

My partner is the lovely Marilyn from Idaho who I've known since 2012 it was such a joy to see her name. We've already exchanged mug rugs and taken part in the Chinese Whisper project so know we can keep work a secret from each other at the same time talking a lot. We've not worked out our ideas yet but plenty of time for that and I know we both have done several different styles of work. So good to make this for Marilyn. Wonder if we'll ever meet.

Through chatting on here and the FB group I know I'm going to get to know a lot more international quilters from TQS which was the main objective of the exchange.

Get your wellies on Joyce.

Comment

My partner lives in Rome and I'm so pleased to meet her. We've chatted a bit as we just got hooked up a week or so ago.

This will be a nice place to chat and hear what others are thinking.

take care, geneva
              Geneva

Comment

Wendy can you move this thread into the IMQE section on Scrap bag now thanks and I'll make another link to the virtual retreat thread. Cheers

Comment

Joyce, if I understand it, it's also important to keep details secret from your partner. That may be quite difficult, needing a lot of 'self-control' when you get on really well. I keep wanting to tell Shelley (waving from England to New Mexico.....) a lot more than I should. We are both 'Miniature Virgins'. That may be a good thing, because some of the 'Quilt Divas' can be a little bit intimidating.

I'm going to see Ricky in June (and in July...... Woooohoooo....). Depending on how I'm getting on with this mini thing (practice, practice, practice....... anybody want a wonky coaster, just let me know!), I'll either hug or kick him.
                  From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 61 users online. 0 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X