[vb_main_1]

quilting a millefiori quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

quilting a millefiori quilt

I went to Jamie Wallen's You Tube channel, and he has a short segment on how he approaches quilting hand-sewn quilts! Might be useful for anyone making this quilt to see.
    I'm working on (very slowly) an EPP hexagon quilt, so i will use his idea when I quilt mine.

Kathy

I'm making a passacaglia millefiori quilt. How are these usually quilted? Hand? (It's epp by hand) or machine. No rush; it's gonna take awhile...Thanks

Comment

Well, I had to google passacaglia milefiori quilt, and just about fell off my chair!! Wow, what a fabulous paper pieced quilt! It looks like there's a book on Amazon, maybe they would say in there. Zooming in on a photo of one of the quilts it looks like that one was machine quilted, alt least partially. It also appears that there is an active group working on these quilts, maybe at DIY addict? it showed up second on my google results. Perhaps these folks would be able to say what they did for quilting their quilts.

You just opened up a whole new world here for me.

Are you working on one of these quilts now?

Kathy

Comment

The original quilt designed by Willyne Hammerstein was not English Paper pieced, it was hand pieced. Some now piece it by machine. Many like to do it by EPP. There is at least one Facebook group and many links on Pinterest. I don't know how most are quilted though I guess many are machine quilted. I, too, was gobsmacked when I first saw this incredible design but have come to terms that I will never make one, just admire from afar.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        North Alabama, USA
        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I’ve seen similar but have not exploded until now. All I can say is WOW beautiful pieces. I’d have it meandered machined quilted.

Barb

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I am working on my passa, too.
            I am not doing EPP, but use the INKLINGO method, invented by Linda Franz. Since my whip stiches are quite ugly, the simple running stich works better for me.

Anyway, since there are a lot of small patches with a lot of seams on the back, I plan to machine quilt that baby.
            if it will turn out to be really beautiful, I might give it to a longarmer. Unfortunately there are not so many qualified longarm quilters in Germany. But time will tell. I have only finished about a quarter of the top.

greetings from Germany,
            Doro

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X