[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Marilyn, that was fast. I have been doing some blocks but nothing more than that. It is great fun and they get done so quickly I am really enjoying the idea. I don't have either the book or the ruler (they are on a wish list for Christmas)- just using my other rulers.

Comment

Wow! Some of you have been quite busy. I was just about to write (whine?) that I had not received my book and ruler yet...then the door opened and my husband brought in the mail! The package looked as though it had an adventure, but it is here!! I opened it and turned the packaging inside out. There even is a bonus book of quilts and haiku!!!

It is going to be tough to not start making pineapple blocks now, but I must focus! I have company arriving on Tuesday and I still have Christmas presents to finish sewing...

Diane

Comment

Rita....your blocks are so pretty ! I really like " scrap management" projects and I hope this one
        will help whittle down the excess of trimmings that I hate to throw out ! Little Daisy, the
        Yorkie, will prob'ly get this little quilt-y. I'll bet that book is on lots of wish lists !

Comment

idaho: Wow, that is very nice. I like the pieced floral concept. I do that all the time. Not a new concept, but we have gotten so uppity as quilters that sub-piecing isn't done anymore. I realized how much I enjoy bumping into sub-pieceing on antique quilts and decided to let things happen more naturally in my quilts. In one of my quilts an alternating 7" block has 5 seams. I dug in the trash to get enough. Grain? What grain? Okay, I'm ready to see more Pineapple treats from TQS group!

Comment

Reetzbobeetz: These look great...the tool should speed things up but clearly you got the hang of using your trash.

Comment

dfrank27: I knew the whines were coming! Hence the little book, nothing like a bit of distraction. Gyleen

Comment

Absolutely count me in. I've ordered my book and ruler, too. Can not wait, but also have to finish HST quilt and Christmas tablerunners. Rita, love your blocks. Can't wait to see what colors everone uses. Gyleen, love your emails.

Comment

Thanks Dolly1. Thanks Gyleen. I was just playing around with the blocks but can't decide if that's the way I want to go or whether I want more order - too many choices! I guess I will settle on something after Christmas but I have definitely caught the bug and I am itching to do more! Rita.

Comment

A Happy Pineapple Christmas to you all! Rita.

Comment

OH, MY !! Rita...that's just terrific !! Merry Christmas to you and yours ! Cold, clear and sunny here today....
                      maybe snow next week. I have others to finish before more pineapples ! Marilyn

Comment

I'm starting to make pineapples now, totally scrappy and wonderful! I'll post a photo as I get a few more made. I fear that this quilt of 64 blocks will not make a DENT in my bag of 1.5 inch strips. Perhaps my quilt will need to be really big!

I've even trimmed off on the wrong place, realized that all I needed to do was take out a couple of seams and sew another strip back on!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
                        Kathy

Comment

Rita, a very Merry Christmas to you, too! It is Christmas at your house as I am writing this, but only Christmas Eve here. I love your Christmas pineapple! Very pretty! You've really been busy sewing, huh?

Dawn
                          In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

I was intrigued by Gyleen's presentation and put pineapples on my "to learn" list but after having seen Rita's Christmas pineapples, making pineapples has just moved up on my priority list Thank you Rita and Gyleen!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                              A Happy Pineapple Christmas to you all! Rita.

Very nice Rita!

Merry Christmas to you also.

Regards,

Diane Frank

Comment

Rita, Very pretty. Wish I had thought of that. Will have to copy your idea because I bought a lot of Christmas fat-quaters and didn't get to the projects I wanted this year. Merry Christmas to all. Cathe

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X