Piecing Batting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kathyst2
    Originally posted by Margo
    You might want to try this new product: http://www.heatpressbattingtogether.com/
    I bought a roll of it at our local quilt show- it works great. It's basically fusible knit interfacing, cut 1 inch wide and rolled up. But it held my batting together and you can't tell there's any piecing in the batting. I've used it on 2 quilts so far. The demonstrator mentioned about different heat settings for different battings, and pressing not ironing. I wonder if the website mentioned has demos for it? Nice product.

Kathy
    I'm curious-once everything is quilted, is there any difference in the feel or look of the loft?

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Eileen, I suppose there could be a difference in the feel or look of the loft. On the batting pieces I have "seamed" many times, I densely quilt into wall hangings so in the end it doesn't look or feel any different from a work that has a no pieced batting. If I use a pieced batting for a quilt that will be 'loved', I select a piece of batting that has a minimal amount of joinings!

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know that I did find the tape and used it. Seems to work fine, except next time I will put it on both sides, especially with a thicker batt, because I did notice a little gap on the un-taped side while I was pin basting. Will let you know if I notice anything else as I proceed!

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by KathyR
          Just wanted to let you all know that I did find the tape and used it. Seems to work fine, except next time I will put it on both sides, especially with a thicker batt, because I did notice a little gap on the un-taped side while I was pin basting. Will let you know if I notice anything else as I proceed!

Kathy
          Thanks for the info. Will wait to hear more.

Comment

Thanks, Kathy.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by eileenkny
              Originally posted by kathyst2
              Originally posted by Margo
              You might want to try this new product: http://www.heatpressbattingtogether.com/
              I bought a roll of it at our local quilt show- it works great. It's basically fusible knit interfacing, cut 1 inch wide and rolled up. But it held my batting together and you can't tell there's any piecing in the batting. I've used it on 2 quilts so far. The demonstrator mentioned about different heat settings for different battings, and pressing not ironing. I wonder if the website mentioned has demos for it? Nice product.

Kathy
              I'm curious-once everything is quilted, is there any difference in the feel or look of the loft?

I didn't notice any difference, but both quilts were heavily quilted. The only way I could tell on the unfinished quilt was to see the edge of the batting sticking out.

Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 76 users online. 0 members and 76 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X